Michelle Wie recently signed a sponsorship deal with McDonald’s making it a sure thing that Happy Meals will be a part of her diet and fitness plans.
The question on everyone’s mind is what does a healthy 20 year old 6 foot 1 inch professional golfer eat, specifically the Michelle Wie diet, to maintain peak energy for workouts and competing in golf tournaments.
Being raised in Hawaii and of Korean ethnicity, Michelle Wie can easily incorporate any of these into a healthy diet when consumed in moderation.
- Brown rice (commonly offered as an alternative to white rice or fried rice in Hawaii). Brown rice is a whole grain – http://www.worldshealthiestfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=128
- Fresh fish from the Pacific offers a high source of lean protein.
- Charsiu chicken, another source of lean protein. Tastier than charsiu pork.
- Kalua Pig, a delicious pulled pork dish.
- BBQ marinated meats such as Kalbi short ribs. And local grass fed rib eyes steaks.
- Stir fried greens and vegetables along with every entree.
Eating in moderation, and eating well contributes to her diet for consistent growth as a professional athlete and adult.
As for fitness Michelle Wie works with strength coach Paul Gagne to build upper body strength, and swing coach David Leadbetter to improve distance and accuracy on every swing.